2/20/2014

"PUZZLE"

Today was the first time that I listened to someone to pronounce this word: "Paaassssshhhheeelll". Of course, I didn´t get it and I started to ask... and not once or twice... at least 4 or 5 times until that they spelled it to me.

When I say "they", I mean: 3 of my officemates + one guy that was sat in front of one of them. Meanwhile, 2 women (they were sitting in front of the rest) were laughing about it. When I understood the word, obviously, my reaction was (with surprised and proud face): "Aaaahhhhh, PUZLE" (Spanish pronounciation, of course). Then, they laughed again.

The story did not finish there... I continued talking about that I´m losing the few English that I´m able to speak mixing with the un-existing words that I know in German and even I make lately important mistakes about some Spanish words. It´s definitively sad. Very sad. Then, I said that German is more difficult because here in Switzerland, the most of people speak in the Swiss dialect.

They unknown guy who helped me to understand the "paaaasssshhhheeellll" word, told me that "paaaasssshhhheeelll" was pronounced like that in the Swiss-German. Then I said, super happy, that I was able to build a full sentence in Swiss-German: "Ich möchte dru paaassshhhheeeellll". He + the 2 Swiss/German women speakers started to laugh again (we didn´t know them) and detailed me that it´s not "dru" but "drü" with the famouse umlaut that I´m not able to say.

Summary:

1) English - I´m losing it!
2) German - Impossible to know it
3) Swiss - More than imposeible to know it
4) Spanish - Be focused on it or otherwise I´ll be mute sooner as I expect!!

... You see how easy is making friends in the train ;)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario