1/20/2017

Appraisal

It can sound strange but I´m always looking forward to having my appraisal discussion.

Every working day, I have my goals in mind and I focus in them. Not just to achieve them but to exceed them.

I´ve to say that I have been working for 11 years. 4 out of 11 I got "exceed expectations". I fight for it till I get it. How? With arguments. I made a previous homework before the end-meeting.

1) Take the list that I have been creating during all year with the different tasks that I have performed and the result. Nevermind which kind of task. Everything is valid.

2) Check the assigned goals

3) Include in each goals the tasks related to them

4) Clasify the other tasks in different areas: team work, management support, support to teams/departments different to the ones where you are in

5) Print a copy for your manager(s) and yourself

6) Allow your manager been the first speaker in the discussion

7) Once that he has talked everything what he had to, you explain the points where you do not agree and make a reminder to your boss about the other tasks that he has forgot related to that specific goal

8) Once that your Manager has finished with all your goals revision, it´s the time where you need to tell him about all the "additional tasks" that you have carried out and they where not included in your goals

If it does not work, ask all the explanations that you need in order to understand your punctuation. But never ever accept the explanation of: "there is a limited number of people who can be in this band". That´s OK, but then, your Manager should give you real examples about things that you could have the chance to make and you have not.

This time, I´m happy because all the work that I have executed have been recognized.

For this new fiscal year...


... although it will not be easy at all

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario