11/14/2010

All Of Us Can Be "Teresa de Calcuta"

If you remember, I posted two months ago that I had new aims, new challenges. One of them is to be volunteer.

Unfortunately, it will be impossible at the moment because of my work schedule.

Today I discovered that there are more ways of volunteering.

When I was getting home, I saw a man searching "something" inside the bin. I was surprised and struk: "Do you really want do be volunteer?". Without any doubt, I answered: "Yes, I do!!"

Then, I turned back, I entered in a grocery store and I bought some food and drinks for that unknown-old man.

When he received the bag from me, he said: "Thank you very much and Happy Christmas" (The first person who has wished me Happy Christmas!!).

I am not telling you this due to think I am a good person or try to improve the conception you may have about me.

It would be better not telling this story but I feel that it is good to share this act with you because all of us can be volunteer daily in many different ways. We do not have any excuse for not being it.

We have to open our mind and try to find out how we can help the others, people who do not have our luck (because if you have a cleaned and comfortable place to sleep, food to eat everytime you are hungry, you can take a bath everyday and washed and appropiate clothes for not being frozen, especially now... you can consider yourself as a very fortunate person ).

You don´t have to go to África or to any remote place/country for helping to needy people. Just open your eyes and mind, look around you and try to find out what you can do to make a little bit happier to another person

& remember

"only a simply smile can do a lot"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario