2/18/2013

The Diary of Anne Frank (June 12, 1942 - August 1, 1944)

This is the last book I have read.

The most of people read it at the school. I have started this book almost 4 times and I always stopped. After some months/years I took it again, I tried... and stop. Finally, I got to finish it this weekend.

I´ve to say that although it was a "little" bit hard boring for me at the beginning, I liked it at the end (specially when she starts speaking about her feelings for Peter Van Daan).

The hardest and most surprising for me has been to imagine how life can change so fast and extremly from one day to the following one. She and her family had to be hidden in the sealed-off upper rooms of the annex of her father's office building in Amsterdam. They were there 2 years.

Can you imagine yourself just for 1 week in a really small room that you need to share with more people just with the basic needs covered? I cannot.

This small girl was a strong girl. Despite of all what happened, she had still dreams and she trusted in the peace and good/kind people. She saw light where it was dark. She had hopes in a world where there was not... She was able to enjoy from a seladed-off upper room of the blue sky, nature, girls who were free and could walk in the street... So many things that we have and we do not realize.

This girl is admirable.

And I am really happy to know that her dream became real: she wanted to be a writter. She was afraid nobody could read her stories. And here we have, her diary. The diary where she wrote all her feelings, all her fear, all her hope... The diary where she described who she were: A GREAT WOMAN with only 15 years old.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario