11/16/2012

"Mother alarm"!

I´m not a morning person at all... and I have to wake up really early every morning (the latest 6:30).

I set up the alarm o´clock minimum 4 times (even though for 3 minutes... I need them!). Finally, when I got to get up I take a shower, make up while I´m dressing up. Shoes, coat, bag, keys and close the door.

I normally have to walk really fast to the first train station (about 3 -4 min). 5 min to get the second train Station to catch the one at 8:36 (if I´m lucky, 8:06). 20min by train and then bus (~ 10 min). I  normally arrive to the office about 9:20.

This week has been really intensive. At the beginning of October I was assigned a new project (big challenge - "great brownie"!) and although we started some weeks ago, this week has been the first of a lot of next intensive weeks from now to May.

Between 10 - 14 people have been more than 8 hours in a room (2 breaks of 10 min for a "cigarrete" - whom smokes for - and 30min lunch every day). English - German - English - German.... new process that I do not know - English - German, etc.

I was so exhausted that yesterday when I arrived home I felt asleep (even I was not able to have dinner) in "zero coma" seconds on Mr. Sofa.

When I went to bed I set up my alarm o´clock for 6:03 (I do not like "sharp" times: 6:00; 6:15; 6:30; 6:45 for the first alarm)... and my eyes were sooooo closed that I was not able to see that my mobile batterie was dying.

My land phone started ringing this morning and I was scared because only my family has this number. I took it really fast and my mother was on the other side.

Conversation:

- What are u doing?
- Sleeping?!
- What time did u think to get up?
- About 6:30 (for that I started with the alarm at 6:03)
- Well, it´s 7:30 and... She started to blame me

My mobile died, it didn´t ring and I was happily sleeping.



Since 2004 (when I moved to Germany), my mother checks every morning at 7 that I am awake and fine. She gave me a missed call and I returned it. Then Whatsapp came and she used Whatsapp to tell me: "Good morning, have a nice day, take care and speak later".

When she wrote me this morning and did not get any answer, then she called to my mobile and it was switch off... wait for a while... write me, call me again and not have any answer... she was worried. Poor Mum!!

After all, I was more or less on time in my workshop and everything ran better than I thought thanks to my "mother alarm".

As the saying goes: "There is no more than one mother"... and I love mine with all my heart!!

Note: During all this week I was one of the first ones in the workshop room and my boss was out of the office. Today he was in and when he saw me the first thing he told me: "Pilar, you are late"... (S***!)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario