10/02/2012

My Kiwi - Friend

The first news I had about this Kiwi was: "A new graduate from New Zeland has come to Madrid and yesterday I went out with him. He finished soooo drank... bla bla bla.... but he is cute", one of my workmates told me.

At first glance I thought he was really arrogance. With a really amerikanish/strange accent ("for shizal my nizal"), with zero intention of learning Spanish (and he strongly critized Spanish habits), and an attitude of "hey dude, I´m here and I´m cool".

The first time we tried to maintain a conversation was in our common Niko friends' flat. He came and asked me in which team I was working... after realizing my English was almost nonexistent, we did not speak anything else :D

Sometimes we met in the office caffeteria because of our common friends and he only spoke "his strange" Language that I didn´t get it... and the only things I got were not really funny (at that moment for me).

In some weird way, we became friends: we went out sometimes together, he discovered me the "tequila suicide" (I would say that this was the key!!), I was invited to his farewell party, and before he left Madrid, somehow... we two had dinner together (do not ask how we could understand each other... but we did... more or less :P). (Note: I think he arrived one hour later because he was lost).

Now: I really like him! He is funny; he knows how to enjoy his life and he does; he is nice; he is a real friend of his friends (his friends adore him); And the most important, from time to time, he finds time to send to me some lines.


In fact, this blog is dedicated to him because I have received a postcard from Australia! He wrote me... and suprisingly, he is good at handwritting as he said (although I think that he was happy when he saw that there was not more space available in the card for writing more :D).


I have tried to find a pic where we both are alone... but we do not have :D So, here a cut from one where we were with more friends (at least, we are together).


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario