8/08/2010

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

Dear readers,

If you know me only a little bit, you sure know my orientation problems. Even so, there are still people who trust me and they 'use' me as her "GPS". Yes! unbelievable, but it's true.

One of these people is my dear friend Sandra. She's from Galicia and she has got her car in Madrid but without an authentical GPS. Her GPS is me!! (Remember I'm not from Madrid either).

Well, last Thursday we went out dinner, drank some cocktails in a nice place (of course)


... and after that dance in a "not so cool" place where we went because one of the guys who came with us were not "well dress" (...).

We decided to go home about 4:00am... At this point, our adventure started!

1. We did not remember where Sandra's car was parked. We walked in zig-zag by different streets until we found the car. It did not take us so long as we thought at the beginning. First challenge beaten!

2. We achieved to get home one friend of us - from Velázquez to Bilbao. Second challenge beaten!! Incredible, right?

3. We had to go from Bilbao to Diego de León through Colón. We got Colón, but after it... we do not remember well but we were in Cibeles, Gregorio Marañón, and other places whose names we don´t know yet. OK, by miracle, we got Colón again and we achieved to get Goya. At that point we were happy because we knew very well the way to my home. After some minutes, we had to decide between have two ways... one shorter and the other longer. I was completely sure I knew both ways! So I asked Sandra: which one do you prefer? - Please, pay attention to her answer: "we'll take the way we know certainly" ---- DISASTER!!!! Here was the moment where we got lost lost lost... infinetely lost!!!!

We were turning Madrid over! Suddenly, Sandra started being really worried, why? because the tank of her car was almost empty and we were not sure how long we were going to need to get my home. We decided to find some petrol station... PAY ATTENTION AGAIN: If you are in Madrid and you need petrol, be sure you will not find any petrol station in Madrid!!! So, have a second choice.

We did not find any petrol station so we had to go outside of Madrid. Yes, you are reading well... after almost one hour, not sure about if the car was going to die... we arrived a place where the trucks were sleeping, there were no lights, there were no cars, there were nothing!!!!!


So, we left that "fantastic picture" behind us and fortunately, God showed us a "petrol station build".


After the tank was completely full (about 5.30 am), the only problem was: We had to be at the office at 9:00 at the latest... I had to do my luggage for going to Granada... and we were in Leganés!!!! Oh yes, we had to go to Leganés for filling up the tank.

About 6:10 Sandra achieved to bring me home (I don´t remember because I think I was sleepy... more or less, with unconsciously open eyes because my mind was kaputt!

Clearly, I could only 50 minutes sleep and Friday I was a corpse! Red eyes, pale face, dishevelled (I did not have time to do my best for going "well" to the office - sleep something and going in that way, or not sleeping anything and go... in that way? - First option of course!!).

Do you believe me when I said that it was a night to remember! Sure you do!

Please, don´t forget the pic of the night!!!!:


(I cannot stop high-laughing when I see this picture!!! You were totally broken!!!!)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario